The feel-good benefits of chocolate are widely known, but did you know that giving it to your employees can actually improve their health?
Quality dark chocolate (with a minimum 70% cocoa solids) is packed with essential minerals including zinc, potassium and selenium. But it also contains cocoa flavanols – antioxidants that promote healthy blood circulation and cardiovascular health. The abundance of these health-boosting nutrients means that employees eating good quality chocolate as part of a balanced diet can benefit from a healthier body and mind. For example:
- Dark chocolate is rich in iron, which helps to lower the risk of heart disease and heart-related problems.
- Flavanol-rich chocolate has also been linked to lowering the risks of both stroke and cancer.
- Chocolate has been found to boost brainpower and reduce the risk of dementia and age-related cognitive decline.
- A chemical compound in cocoa has been shown to reduce symptoms of both acute and chronic coughs.
- Eating dark chocolate little and often can even aid weight loss.
So it’s actually possible that introducing chocolate into the workplace as a health initiative could help raise awareness of healthy eating, resulting in lower staff absenteeism.
How else can chocolate improve the health of your business?
A healthier workforce is not only linked to reduced sickness absence; a healthy team is a more productive team, which in turn engenders a more positive environment.
So rewarding employees with a quality selection of gourmet chocolates is a great way to encourage them to keep up the good work, further improving productivity and workplace satisfaction.
And as well as improving staff morale, a box of handmade luxury chocolates is guaranteed to win over your valued customers too!
Chouchoute offers a range of chocolate corporate gift options, from cost-effective and simple for promotions and giveaways, to impressive and luxurious for your most prestigious clients. Whether you need personalised chocolates, unbranded chocolates or gift-wrapped chocolates for clients or employees, we’ll do our best to help. Call our customer service team on 0121 314 3472 or request a quote and sample here.